Friday, June 10, 2011

Weigh Day

So today being Friday, this morning I hoped on those scales and was pretty pleasantly surprised.  Down 2.5. For a total now of 12.5.  Not bad considering last weekend after working a show in Winston we splurged...or to put it more realistically....12 HOT Krispy Kreme doughnuts gone in less than 24 hours!!!  But that's okay, because the rest of the week I made myself stick to it!!!

Shin Splints....[shin+splints.jpg]
I believe are from the devil.  And ironically the website I got his picture from had a quote I thought was cute "The road to heel is paved...Run trails"!  I always thought shin splints were a pain right on top of your shin bone...quite the contraire my friends!!  Some days I want to just stick my lower legs in buckets of ice water...actually that doesn't sound like such a bad idea!  I have taken advice from my sister (the runner) and a book she is reading, online, and 2 running stores...results after 6 weeks...nada!!  Trent and I went for an easy 1.5 mile run around the neighborhood this morning, but I had to stop twice because of my legs!!  So frustrating.  I have started cross training and doing the eliptical 2 times a week to ease the strain on my lower legs, so hopefully that will have some long term effects!!!  Any suggestions??

The "skinny" on this weeks workout:
Like I said I did start the cross training to ease off my lower legs.  Something I didn't know I liked about the eliptical machines at the Y are the arm things that move with your steps.  Its like a bonus workout without having to do something separate!!  I increased my speed on the treadmill this week, so I didn't last quite as long, but I know both are a slow progression.
MEN....when it comes to working out, they frustrate me!!!  So when I first took Trent to the Y with me, I thought I was going to impress him with my mad skills of running a mile without stopping, and who keeps up with me but his cute butt!!!!  For someone who hasn't really worked out in...lets just say a little while, he sure hoped right on that track like it was nothing!!  My sister signed her and her husband up for a 5k a few months ago, but he didn't get in the training he had hoped.  So I am thinking...oh no, I hope he doesn't overdo it...well he just hoped right in there and did the whole 5k without stopping.  Now, this is my goal of course, but I have been working 6-7 weeks and still couldn't do that yet!

New Food Finds:
Summer time means garden fresh veggies and a grill.  My in-laws have a garden every year, and I love getting stuff from them.  They have enough squash and zucchini for their neighborhood...well they don't really live in a neighborhood really more of just a street..."Happy Road" to be exact!  Anywho, it has been "How many ways can I cook it".  Grilled is our favorite, so to go with that I made some chicken tenderloins.  I decided to be adventurous and make my our BBQ sauce marinade for the first time.  And not to brag...but I think I could have a new profession.  It wasn't a thick one so it wouldn't be something I would dip, but pretty darn tasty!!!  Whats in it??  I thought you would want to know, so I do exactly measure, I just pour until it tastes right: White vinegar, worchsiosbegfau sause, ketchup, dijon mustard, brown sugar, chopped garlic, corriander seeds, ceyanne pepper for a little heat, and voila..... a tasty marinade!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment