I think it is so cool when I wake up in the morning and get excited about getting to run and work out. It isn't a "have to" kind of thing anymore. Even though it is something I enjoy, this past week I haven't done as much as I had hoped. I am ready to get this week back on track.
Despite not working out as often as I would have liked, Thursday I got Trent in the gym with me, and it was so much fun!!! We did the track inside of the Y around the basketball court since it was so hot outside!! 20 times around is a mile. Our goal was to do a mile together running, well we did that and I was so proud of him!! He hasn't worked out much in a while, so I didn't know how far we would actually get...and he did it!! I think I was more proud than he was. He acted like it was no big thing. So we walked a couple of laps to regroup and I suggested we try another half mile. So he was all for it, and he did the 10 laps, but for me once I go to 10, I wasn't ready to stop. So I continued on to do 25. Though we took a little break and walked a couple of laps that is a total of 2.25 miles jogging!! Thats right, no walking...alllll joggin'!!! I felt so good!!
I am headed back to the Y in a bit, and hope to not have lost much momentum since it has been a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment