Thursday, November 7, 2013

Krazy

I am the worlds worst at making excuses as to why I can't walk/run/exercise...I'm too tired, I have a headache, my toe hurts, I don't have time, I might have to go to the bathroom, it's too cold or hot outside, I would rather have a drink, etc.  You know the feeling?  Sometimes your excuses don't reeeally make sense, but in your head at the moment they do.

I have done this for years, and I know a good part of it is because quite simply put: I don't enjoy walking and running.  Those things are not fun to me!  I am not saying a nice family walk with the weiner dog is out of the question, I am saying that is not exercise that I find enjoyable.  I have still yet to find someone smiling while they run; thus leading me to question if anyone actually does.  I have come to the conclusion that they must otherwise they wouldn't continue to do it.

All of that rant to say, I have never been more excited to exercise in my entire life!!!  I have found a new love, and each morning when I wake, I get excited to start my day knowing I get to go to the Kraze!


About a month ago I was sitting around watching the Biggest Loser eating a doughnut...I give you complete permission to judge me at this moment!!  When I realized, I WANTED to be motivated, I just didn't know where that was going to come from.  So I got to thinking, there are 2 fitness things that have always been on my "Bucket List".  The first is to be to try my hand at rowing, and the second is kickboxing.  Both things I would never think of myself doing.  

The Kraze is a local gym with no frills or fanciness to it, but they have some great group classes, one of which is an LA Women's only kickboxing class (Enter my Excitement)!  I inquired online to look at the class schedule, and someone called me the next day to set up a night for me to come on in and try it out....I felt like I had to go even though I was trying once again to make excuses in my head as to why I couldn't.  I took one class, and I was hooked!  I have never had so much fun sweating in all of my life.  It was a butt kicker let me tell you, but in the best way possible.  It is a COMPLETE body workout that is great to work out a little frustration too!  We signed up that night, and the next day I went and bought me my first pair of boxing gloves.
Yes, they are pink....but it was my only color choice.

Of course, this is all still new and exciting, and Trent has said he hopes it doesn't wear off, but I got to thinking.  I have never gone for a walk and come home and said...I can't wait to go do that again!  These classes are Tuesday & Thursday evenings at 6, and Saturday mornings at 9....who would ever think my ass would be out of bed on a Saturday morning if I didn't have somewhere to be or my house was on fire???

So my words of wisdom for today are to find something you love doing, and do it!  Try something new!  I was scared to try it because in my head I was thinking "everyone in there will know what they are doing and I will stand out like a sore thumb"  my oh my was I wrong.  

I think my sister "Bump" said it best "Everybody has a first time.  This just happens to be yours"  How true, how true!



No comments:

Post a Comment