Friday, November 15, 2013

Cluck goes the chicken

I have made a couple of great chicken meals this week.  One I can take complete credit for, the other I had some help from my love Trader Joe's.  TJ's and I have shopping dates several days a week.  Trent knows, but he is okay with it.  So when I went to put in my pictures for the homemade chicken chili I made....I DELETED THEM!!!  I don't know what I was thinking but I kept hitting trash can instead of share....so typical me!  So, all I have left is the final product.


Add a little fat free sour cream and low fat cheddar cheese....so delicious on a cold night!

Here is the recipe:
-6 skinless boneless chicken breast
-1 Tall box chicken Broth
-1 48 oz. can tomato sauce (Same water)
-1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
-1 can drained and rinsed black beans
-1 can drained corn
-1 sweet onion chopped
-3 cloves of garlic minced
-1 can green chiles
-1 packet taco seasoning

Start by cooking your chicken breast in a pot submerged in chicken broth.  While that cooks, in a large pot, mix everything else together and let those flavors start to marinate together.  Once chicken is cooked, shred it, and add to the other ingredients.  Add some of the chicken broth as you see needed.  I added about 3 ladles.  

Once all the ingredients were in the pot, I let them cook for about an hour.  Hint: it was even better the next day.  


Chicken Burgers:

I also made some of Trader Joe's "Lime Chili Chicken Burgers" last night for dinner.  So quick, so easy, and so yummy!



Broil them on each side for 4-5 minutes.  I cooked the first side, then when I flipped them over, I added tomato slices to them to broil on top of each burger.  Once they were done, we didn't feel bread was necessary, so I topped them with avocado and a little Texas Pete.  Trent was skeptical, but raved about them.  Bravo my other love!  Chicken burgers. are. awesome!

1 comment: