Friday, October 25, 2013

Stella Brew

Insert the Hallelujah Chorus....there is a local beer and wine shop that has come to Ardmore!!  Literally RIGHT down from our house.  Trent is just beside himself!  They have been open about a month now, and seem to be doing a good business.  Since it is so close to our house we drive by there every day, and they always seem to have a little crowd.

The owners are super friendly, and you can tell he is SO passionate about what he is doing.  What is this gem called you ask?  Stella Brew!!
They have quite a selection of craft beers, and not a bad wine selection either!  Here are a couple of my favorites so far:
This ha been my favorite by far!  It comes from the "Old Speckled Hen" company, and it is wonderful.  I prefer old crafty over old speckled because it has more flavor.  It has a richness that I can't explain very well, but of course I shall try!  To me, if you were going to infuse brandy into a beer....this is something like what you would get.  It has a great malty finish and the flavor that sits on your palate is just yummy!!

I was pleasantly surprised by this one!  It of course is a full bodied beer, but the vanilla is not too....in your face!!!  To me it has some coffee undertones to it.  Also, a great choice.  The great thing about some of their beers there, you can mix a 6 pack.  The best part is...they are already cold!  Most mix a 6 you can do are not cold, so this is a bonus!

Even though it is 9:30 in the morning as I type...I am already looking forward to one of these this evening!
Happy sipping!!



No comments:

Post a Comment