So simple, yet one of those meals I could eat everyday! Let's break it down shall we.
Brussel sprouts with feta and dried cranberries:
You start by cleaning the brussel sprouts and cutting them in half and putting them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast them in the over at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Half way through the cooking time, give them a toss so they can get that beautiful golden brown color on both sides.
Once cooked and serving, toss them with some feta cheese crumbles and dried cranberries. If you don't like brussel sprouts...you are welcome! You do now!! Many people don't know that these little healthful creatures are in the cabbage family. They usually have a bad wrap, but I promise, they are worth trying.
The main event:
Wild caught salmon over wild rice and quinoa, with fresh avocado on top. Cook your salmon simply with olive oil and salt & pepper in a skillet. I LOVE Trader Joe's price on their wild caught salmon instead of farm raised. There was plenty of salmon for 2 people and it was $6! I added a drizzle of lemon juice towards the end of the cooking of the salmon to brighten it up a bit. The rice/quinoa was an already cooked package from Costco...so simple. 2 minutes in the skillet to heat through with a Tbsp. of water, and you are done! The Avocado was what set this over the top. Slice it however you would like. I like cubing it in the skin for less clean up. Put in a bowl and toss with a dash of salt and some lemon juice then top your salmon with it on the plate.....oh....dear....
It was one of those, yeah, I could eat this every day type of things! All of it took 30 minutes to make from start to finish. I don't include clean up time after the meal because...(this is where I hold up my shield to protect me from flying tomatoes coming my way) Trent does the dishes every night!
No comments:
Post a Comment