Tuesday, September 17, 2013

When the cat's away...

Since Trent is gone for a week, it would be extremely easy for me to throw this healthy thing out of the window and go hog wild, without telling him.  However, I have no desire to go said "hog wild".  Splurge once or twice; I probably will!  I know either a Gigi's cupcake or Zaxby's birthday cake milkshake are on the menu this week.  I have found that when you deprive yourself of those decadent foods that you have always loved(for me that would be krispy kreme doughnuts, Arby's roast beef, anything chocolate, french fries, dips...dips....dips of any kind, and pizza) that is when you get off track and go crazy then don't want to get back on track.  Annnnnd, I usually end up looking like this...

So to keep from doing that and going overboard, I enjoy the finer things in life.  But, to make sure I don't go crazy all the time when I am hungry, I have those healthy things too that I LOVE that are "go-to's" and keep me on track.  I love hummus.  Especially Trader Joe's hummus.  They have lots of choices and the 8 oz. containers are only $1.99!!!!  Can you beat that anywhere???  
My favorite:

I also love sunflower seeds while I am at work.  I know they aren't the most healthy nut, but they keep my mouth occupied so I am not wanting to find things to snack on...for some reason everyone likes to keep chocolate in a bowl on their desks like its Halloween year round!!!  A 1.75 oz. bag lasts me a week at work.  The bag has a total of 160 calories, but when you break it down over about 4 days, that isn't but about 40 calories a day!  I always have fruit on hand too!  But if someone at work has brought a Dewey's cake to the 3rd floor work room...you better believe I will be happy to enjoy a piece...occasionally!!

What are your go-to snacks that help keep you on track?  Do you splurge when no one is looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment