Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Epiphany

Have you ever had one of those "ah ha" moments??  You know what I am talking about...when the light bulb turns on!
I had one of these yesterday.  So you know I am back in the gym and haven't been doing as well as I once was.  I had been having to stop and walk far more than I ever wanted to!!  Sooooooo, I hop on and do my warm up walk, then as I go to run....I decide to turn the treadmill a little slower than I normally do, and see how it goes.  Before I knew it I had just run a mile.  I mean obviously at my pace I think I saw a snail lapping me, but I did the pace I run outside instead of my treadmill pace, and I lasted much longer!!!!  Who would have ever thought???  I had been too worried about keeping up with the girl next to me that obviously hasn't seen anything but celery in the past year, or the guy that thinks he is Hercules, that I wasn't doing what worked best for me!!!
I actually enjoyed it more for that very reason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment