Monday, May 9, 2011

Gettin' in the groove!!

So i am really diggin' this working out thing!!  I look forward to it every day!!  This past week with the help of my mom and sisters, I have gotten me some new gear to run in!  Target has their workout fitted capri's on sale for $12.99!!!  I know I know....why would this girl get "fitted" capri's??  I wondered the saaaaaaaame thing, but after a battle in the middle of Target's dressing room, I was convinced I needed them.  Low and behold they are the only pants I own that don't fall down when I workout.  What a novel idea...pants that stay up!!!!

So to go with my new pants, I had to get some new shoes...........LOVE THEM!!!
We went to a running store called "Run for Your Life".  Great place. 
Here I learned I "pronate" to be technical.  I know...sounds painful just saying it.  But it is just a fancy word for a common problem of your feet/ankle turning inward as you run.  So these are to help with that.  I am currently dealing with shin splints that are from the devil for sure!!  But I was reassured that with the correct shoes and the more I run, they should subside.  However in the meantime I just ice down my ankles for about 10-15 minutes after each workout (and after stretching of course)!

New favorite food this week....Trader Joe's Low Fat Granola Cereal with Almonds.....YUMMM!!  I love it straight out of the box.  Instead of a cereal, I eat it over vanilla yogurt.  1/4 a cup is just 2 WW pts.

The "Skinny on this weeks workouts: I did a 5k on the treadmill for the first time (3.1) miles.  Didn't run all of it, but got in a nice rhythm and did it in 50 minutes.  Not bad for my first time.  I am hoping to be down to 40 minutes in the next couple of weeks.  What have I learned...You can almost always go further than you think you can without stopping!  


No comments:

Post a Comment